Tuesday 26 January 2010

Onslow Village Arboretum - 7th January 2010

Having spent hours photographing the snow in Guildford on 2nd February 2009, I had forgotten that I had vowed not to do the same again! The snowfall arrived here again on 6th January, and I spent a good long while trying to make images with the snow, that were not just a repeat of what I had done before. I felt pretty uninspired, and as the day was very grey too, I didn't tarry too long. Snow is lovely.....but I didn't want to waste more time photographing boring images of it. However, the 7th January was a fine and glorious day with the most magical blue sky offered as a tempting backdrop to tease me out from under the bed-covers. With legs weary from the previous day's tramping, I didn't want to travel too far. Right on my doorstep....actually round the back doorstep, I realised that Alpine scenery had been stretched out for my enjoyment, and no ski passes or air fares where required. Fabulous fun, and next Christmas's cards are in the bag!
See more images on my Flickr site (see top right link).

No comments: