Thursday 21 May 2009

Pieces of eight?


Almost every day that I am out and about, somebody asks me for directions, and I nearly always know the answer, even in a strange place. It's spooky! Yesterday an elderly man approached me, asking for directions to a place off Walnut Tree Close in Guildford. His intented destination was in view, so easily pointed out. He left with thanks, and I smiled to myself as I crossed the road. As I did so, another man approached, asking for directions to an electrical wholesaler. I knew the one he was looking for had moved, and gave him new directions.....hold on a moment.....was that a parrot on his shoulder? Mind if I take a photo? Sure help yourself! The parrot was saved from a rescue centre, and my new aquaintance told me he was a parrot whisperer. I nodded, to conceal my ignorance on such matters, as the parrot started squawking happily, and VERY loudly. Resisting the tempation to allow it to snip off my fingers, I hurridly snapped some shots, and we went on our separate ways.
The parrot was unrestrained, and sat very knowingly on his saviours perch. A strange encounter indeed!

No comments: